Follow these tips as a start.
1) The Right-Sized Room(s)Have you ever been to a meeting or a get-together where the room is way too big, leaving you feeling like there should be more happening? Or worse, a space that is too small and gets stuffy and warm?
The venue you choose should have the right-sized room for your group and for the type of event you’re planning. River’s Edge Convention Center offers more than 75,000 square feet of continuous exhibit space alone with 24-foot ceilings and easy on-grade load-in access. We have an extensive list of room choices; view square footage and ceiling height specifications here.
2) Catering or Beverage ChoicesLook for a venue that has catering on-site or great catering vendors that they regularly use. This will ensure that professional service and delicious food are served for your guests (complete with linens and catering staff in most cases). Beware those venues that only work with 1-2 caterers or liquor providers, forcing you to choose from a weak menu. River’s Edge Convention Center provides you with the freedom to choose from among many quality, local caterers – from BBQ to sophisticated fare.
3) Layout for Flow for Guests
Do a walk-through of how your guests will flow through your event. Where will they enter and register? Where will they find materials or refreshments? What additional rooms might you need to reserve as overflow, green room, or staging area? Working with experienced event planners like the pros at River’s Edge will help you think through the spaces and added needs you require for your event.
4) AmbianceDoes the venue feel right for your event? Is it professional enough, friendly and welcoming, or up-to-date with the latest technology and amenities? (Bonus: River’s Edge also has a view most other places can’t compete with!)
5) Extra AmenitiesThese are the things you may not have even thought about! A River’s Edge, we provide the following added amenities: open access to Wi-Fi for a fee, seating and stage arrangements, access to more than 1,500 parking stalls within a four block area and 700 parking stalls connected to the facility by a skyway system, and more.
For more information or to reserve the perfect space for your event, contact us!